Friday, March 12, 2010

The Law has expired

S: "Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people."
Gal 3:19 NLT

O: God's old testament law was not created for those of us who live after Christ. By living on earth and keeping all the commandments of the law and then by dying, Jesus fulfilled the law for us. Because of his great sacrifice, we are not held to these impossibly high standards. Through Christ we have forgiveness of sins; not because we deserve it but because He loved us.

A: I need to live without fear of failing. Christ has already answered for all of the sins I commit. Although I should not continue to live in a life of sin (even though God has and will forgive me, sin still carries consequences) I can walk confidently knowing that my debt has been paid.

P: Lord Jesus, thank you for paying my costs. Thank you for taking on my transgressions and my iniquities so that I can one day worship at your very feet. Thank you for the assurance I have that I cannot be removed from your love.

No comments: